The Profile panel allows you to build your MapStand community profile, placing your knowledge and experience on the map. This is done by describing your education and work projects and linking them to objects on the map e.g. country, well, field, seismic, licensing round etc. This enables other MapStand community members to find you on the map and you to find them.
To create a new Work project select the tab and select the + sign.
Once you've added the information, click the Publish button.
It's a very similar process to add you Education 'project', select the tab and select the + sign.
After you have added a Work or Education project, you have the ability to link your profile to a map object or edit/delete the profile content.
To add a map object to your profile:
- Search for the map feature using the Search Bar or click on the feature on the map.
- Select the item you'd like to add to your profile, from the list in the Info Panel.
3. Link the item to an exiting profile project OR choose to create a new profile project by selecting the Add to Work project or Education project buttons.
4. The map object is now linked to your profile.
5. This allows your experience and knowledge to be found by other MapStand community members.
To display and view your Favourites, click on the tab.
Favourites are saved to your Profile using the Info Panel. Find the map object you want to save as a favourite (via Newsfeed tag, clicking on the map or using the Search Bar) then click on the Add to favourites icon - see below.
This map object will be saved in your Profile favourites - to speedup display in future.