The Profile panel allows you to build your MapStand community profile and place your knowledge and experience on the map. Add information about your education and work experience and link or geotag them to map features e.g. country, well, field, seismic, licensing round, etc. This enables other MapStand platform users to find you on the map.
To add your work experience, select the Work tab and click the + sign.
This opens a Work project window (see below). Once you've added the information, click the Publish button.
It's a very similar process to add your Education. Simply select the Education tab tab and click the + sign.
After you have added a Work or Education project, you have the ability to link your profile to a map feature or edit/delete the profile content.
To link a map feature to your profile:
- Search for the map feature using the Search Bar or click on the feature on the map.
- Select the item you'd like to add to your profile, from the list in the Info Panel. Please see the example below:
3. Link the item to an existing profile project OR choose to create a new project by selecting the Add to Work project or Add to Education project buttons.
4. The map feature is now linked to your profile.
5. This allows other MapStand users to find your experience and knowledge on the platform.
To display and view your Favourites, click on the Favourites tab.
Favourites are saved to your Profile using the Info Panel. Find the map object you want to save as a favourite (via Newsfeed tag, clicking on the map or using the Search Bar) then click on the Add to Favourites button - see example below:
This map feature will be saved in your Profile favourites. This will speed up display in the future.